Sunday, August 20, 2006

Oh ye of little faith

I'm spotting a theme in the posts so far. It all went so smoothly that I think I should have a SODIT rating handicap. Even at the US end I managed to get through very speedily and without the all too frequent second degree from the sternest official in the building (in LV they threatened never to let me in again...perhaps I shouldn't have said "I don't want to come to Las Vegas again"?). It was all going like Swiss clockwork until the baggage carousel stopped for an inordinantly long time...I know what you're thinking... and then the sniffer dogs and armed heavies came out and it all looked like it was going the way of the best laid plans. After half an hour of steadily rising tension it turned out to be a stray ham roll.
We had a quiet day in Boston, strolling, eating in Quincy market, J.P.Licks for my favourite peanut butter cup icecream, watching the Yankees beat the Red Sox and catching up with friends. I've just spent the afternoon with my brother Craig in the very twee Newburyport and am now off to the Mass hinterland to see the family.
SODIT rating 0

1 Comments:

At 2:13 PM, Blogger electroman said...

Great, I'm glad that all is going well for you! Unfortunately my experience in the airports has not been that great lately...First of all my flight back to London (from Berlin) had a three hour delay...When I got here it took me 50 minutes to go through passport control and then an hour and a half to collect my luggage...I didn't get home until 2.45 in the morning!!!As you can understand I am completely knackered today...but ah well, I had a great time in Berlin and the weather was brilliant!We'll be going to Sappho on Thursday but it's not going to be the same without you... :( Anyway, I will keep you posted of any news whatsoever. We miss you!!! Take care!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home