Saturday, September 16, 2006

I'm so excited I can't breathe...

I have completed two days at the clinic in the Santa Monica and Venice Beach sites. I am fully aware that a certain level of intensity and worthiness is expected of me at all times (much to Doommonger Luck's annoyance mostly, although even the Head of our Department refered to me as 'principled' - I think that's code for annoying as well), but am I on this occasion allowed to be completely shallow? I'll tell you about the clinic another time. Let this posting be all about me and what a great time I'm having...

Having spent far too many holidays on my own, not even exchanging pleasantries with a living soul for days on end, I decided to overcome all shyness and just speak to people. It actually works! On my first night in Venice, where usually I would have said hello at most and then run off, I introduced myself to someone, invited myself out to dinner with her and ended up having a really lovely evening (welcome Jill to this blog!). She asked two friends to join us (welcome Dave and Veronica to this blog). At the end of the evening, we exchanged numbers and I was invited out to Sunset Strip the following evening with Dave and his friends.

Now, mates of some longevity, what were the chances of my actually following up that invitation to join a bunch of strangers on an evening out? Zero? Absolute zero? Well you will be pleased to know that 5 minutes before I was due to call to say yes/no I was still tearing my hair out and thinking I'd go to bed with a hot cocoa. But I said yes. I was picked up at 10.45pm, driven round Beverly Hills, Hollywood and such like, taken to a really swanky Sushi bar on Sunset Strip where all the celebs go, had a brilliant evening with Dave and his lovely mates and fell into bed about 4am. Hoorah! You know I'm not in the slighest bit star struck or interested in celebs (Nico and his mum excepted, of course) but for the benefit of Sal and Glyn, Jake G was there.

And I LOVE Venice Beach. I have only felt seriously like this about Melbourne. If I were told I had to stay I would be beside myself with joy. And to continue being seriously shallow, I think I stumbled across the appartment that Hutch lived in. It's a cream double fronted house that says Venice Place on the front. I think Sal, Jayne or Brian might even remember without looking, but Andre might need to refer to Starsky and Hutch Season 1. I need someone to confirm this for me!


9 Comments:

At 11:24 AM, Blogger electroman said...

Jake G who? THE Jake G???Oh I'm sooooo jealous...Is he gorgeous?I bet he is! Anyway...I'm so happy for you, it sounds like you are having a fantastic time out there...Kepp it up!And don't be shy, just go and talk to people!xxx

 
At 6:55 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Yes indeedy I mean the delectable Jake 'Donnie D / Brokeback' Gyllenhaal, in a red 'wife beater' top, but vintage style therefore very trendy, and slightly hursuit, in an attractive stubbly goaty way.

 
At 7:30 PM, Blogger orangepeel said...

Is Jake G aware of your stalking tendencies?- I offer Mr V Mortensen as a witness for the prosecution. No doubt (as in many previous cases ) you "just happened to be there at the same time m'lud".

On a different note I shouldn't even be speaking to you after plucky scabbed a draw. DOn't expect to hear from AJLuck after hteir Manure victory

Back to the blog..wife beater top??? At his age

 
At 12:25 AM, Blogger Mils said...

I'll have you know the only person I 'stalk', allegedly, well perhaps actually, is Mr.N.Massu and I think after the US open this year he might not even need a subpoena to testify.
Re other 'so-called stalking' incidents:Mr.V.Mortensen was unexpectedly in Cadiz filming with an enormous moustache (no witnesses); Ms.M. Navratilova & partner were collared by Mr.A.J.Luck (aka Doommonger), and Ms.N.Kidman sat next to me (to which Mr.C.M.McCann of the clan McCann can testify).
The defence rests.

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Mils said...

p.s. and welcome orangepeel, no longer under pseudonym cleverly disguising anonymous entry, and true to form you've made a comment about everything.
LOL!! (at my age...)

 
At 12:24 AM, Blogger Mils said...

P - Brangelina live in Pacific Palisades by Malibu Beach. Drove past but they didn't appear to be in. I'll try again later. M

 
At 1:35 AM, Blogger Mils said...

I know Andre this speaking in dollars is REALLY tricky. I've had a few of those incidents where I think a communication has gone well and then we both just stand there obviously completely bemused (a bit like being at home with you really...).Why don't they just speak in real money?

As for working with the sick and needy, it's all going swimmingly, and if only I could give them BARLEY cup (northern sterling pronunciation) but they don't seem to sell it here, and believe me I've looked. They don't even sell Baarlee Cerp (western US pronunciation).

And for those of you who don't know the old story, Andre's oiling up comments stem from me getting third degree burns on one side of my butt (general US colloquial) when we were in Andropeia. Unused to the ways of seaside sunbathing, I dropped off, turned onto my front and my bikini bottom was in my butt crack on one side, not to put too fine a point on it. What followed was so shocking that even DoomMonger Luck couldn't mock and two weeks later peteri said, "What happened to your ar$e?"

Who is Jiaimiei Preisleiy? No-one has that many i's in their name?

 
At 1:57 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Oh and Jules, you would not believe how often I've heard JBJ played here in a week! There's a guy who cycles up and down Ocean Front Walk in Venice Beach wearing only a sprayed on leopard skin thong. I've seen him a few times, putting me off my breakfast, as he glides past to the spine tingling tones of, "I'm a rider...on a steel horse I ride...".

 
At 12:37 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Struggling on the Trailer Park Boys errand, Andre - might have to go to Canada on the way back!
I hope you all share our joy of this little Canadian series.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home