Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Last Post

I fly to Lima this evening.

Yosemite was magnificent. Tim, our guide, would say, "As we go round this corner prepare to say 'Wow'". With scepticism we approached these corners and then in unison we went, "Wow!" Over and over again. Great walking and camping and a really fun group of people. All younger than me as usual - I don't care. I had two lovely sweetie poppet tent mates, Helen and Kate, who are from Watford and doing a year long trip. We shared a back seat with Chris (second funniest person in the universe only to Mr D Wood, Esq of Huddersfield). I laughed 'til my cheeks ached, I had that wheeze thing going on (you know how I do) and tears running down my face. It took me back 20 years to being thrown out of the University library because of the aforementioned Mr Wood. Yosemite is defintely a place to return to.

Chris and colleagues / friends have produced their first feature length movie which should be touring the film festivals next year - the website is- www.cityonahillmovie.com.

...a little aside, I'm in the library and a librarian just shouted,"Is that, er, you Nick?" ... no-one else giggled...





So to 'Frisco...
It was bad enough in Santa Monica. You know how I love a good singsong. I would be walking down the street and suddenly realise I was humming, perhaps even belting, "All I wanna do is have some fun...". It's worse in San Francisco.




"If you're going to San Francisco, Be sure to wear some flowers in your hair" - Milly starts off with a low key, gentle hum.

"The loveliness of Paris seems somehow sadly gay, The glory that was Rome is just another day, I've been terribly alone and forgotten in Manhattan, I'm going home to my city by the bay, I left my heart in ..." - Milly starting to get a bit more animated as she hangs off the cable car heading to Fisherman's Wharf.

"I left my home in Georgia,headed for the Frisco Bay,I have nothing to live for look like nothing gonna come my way,So I'm just gonna sit on the dock of the bay watching the tide roll away..." - Milly strutting down the street doing that bitey lip thing that Ricky Gervaise does so embarressingly in The Office.

"We spent the night in Frisco, At every kind of disco,From that night I kissed our love goodbye,Don't blame it on sunshine,Don't blame it on moonlight,Don't blame it on good times,Blame it on the boogie..." - Oh Dear Lord! Milly doing full dance routine at bus stop in Nob Hill.

Fortunately for the residents of the city by the bay I am back on Santa Monica Boulevard... Hit it! This ain't no disco, It ain't no country club either. This is LA!

6 Comments:

At 10:45 PM, Blogger electroman said...

That's fantastic Milly, I'm so glad you are having such a fantastic time! I heard that Peru without Lucy is not quite the same...Oh well, just make sure you make the most of it!I checked Chris' website too, it seems very interesting!One of the memebrs of the crew is quite cute (Justin)! Have a great time in Peru and I'm looking forward to your next post. I'm off to Greece for 10 days on Saturday but that is obviously not as exciting as being in Peru!xxx

 
At 12:36 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Oh very drole, Pierre...

 
At 12:41 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Greece for any amount of days sounds glorious to me... Greece is the best, after all... Have a great time, don't drink too much Metaxa and kalo taxidi x

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger orangepeel said...

Now let's get this straight- Andre get's a rebuke for suggesting a little sapphic action whilst peteri uses the full enchalada and gets a 'very drole'. There seems to be double standards in these here blogs never mind gold in them thar hills. Unless your list of execrable songs (Otis excepted natch) inspired Peteri to reference the Ivor Biggins classic from the 70's.

As for the funniest chap since a certain Mr D Woods kindly confirm if either of these Oscar Wildes can carry out the full repertoire of pool larks? At last I'm about to out someone.........for those who didn't know it La Milsa is indeed the Queen of the Pool Larks

I assure all of you that ready wit and repartee is no alternative to a back flip with a half twist onto an inflated crocodile

I rest my case

 
At 12:47 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Orangepeel and Andre got the 'rebuke' with a little light warning thrown in for Lennie P and myself in case we were drawn in any further... I think if we all refer back to comments we can all see why! I don't really want my uncle David or my 6 year old nephew, or indeed the Head of Early Years, to know if I'm getting any or indeed signing up for that movie deal...enough said...I was going to say agent's number to follow ... you see how easy it is to get drawn in...

Peteri's comments on the otherhand are entirely innocent refering to the fact that the stafford lot call me a holiday slut on account of me either a} being on holiday, b} planning a holiday c} wishing I could be on holiday or d} gratuitously inviting myself on other people's holidays...hence TOURESTtes syndrome...albeit spelt wrong...still v. drole, I think, and undeniably true.

No matter how far I travel or how far I roam the lure of the pool larks looms large. Wistfully I think of those crazy June south of France days and the hours we spent thinking up new and ever more dangerous ways to enter the pool...others sitting around reading sensibly predicting certain death or quadraplegia for us both. I think we provided top quality entertainment and I sincerely apologise for the time my arab spring onto lilo entry ended up with my legs wrapped round your neck.

Thinking I might need to go back to yoga to have even the slightest chance of larking again...it's been 10 years...I can barely tie my own shoe laces now.

 
At 12:33 AM, Blogger orangepeel said...

Tish and Pish
The inflatable crocodile is awaiting your gossamer landing
Also can I offer an invitation to Uncle D and any 6 yr olds to join in the pool larks. What you need is a 20 stone bloke (280 lbs for US readers and 125Kg for EU comrades)to anchor said inflatable crocodile. So far so easy. Then you need a Milsa (weight undisclosed) of the top draw to launch, perform a parabola (see it's educational for the young'ns), undertake manouvre of high difficulty and then land on said reptile. Not much to ask. My 6 year old son is being honed for such acts of derring do

x
ps any Stafford lot referring to La Milsa as holiday slut will have to answer to aforementioned 20 stone bloke

 

Post a Comment

<< Home