Thursday, December 21, 2006

Fa La La La La La La La La

This is my Christmas blog from Guatemala, but if you want 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' stop reading now is my advice to you.

You know that I have been fairly 'Scroogy' about Christmas all my life. Being here and thinking through the experiences I've had really hasn't left me feeling especially full of ´good will' - for 'good will' read wanting to spend piles of money on loads of stuff for people who already have enough/too much, myself included, and eating too much rubbish full of chemicals whilst watching tired BBC film repeats.

I want to send you my best wishes for this time because you are my friends and family, and I love you. So whilst I do wish you all the very best, here are some thoughts that are more in tune with mine at this time. And really do not read on if you don't have a bucket handy...it's just how I'm feeling!


All over the place, from the popular culture to the propaganda system, there is constant pressure to make people feel that they are helpless, that the only role they can have is to ratify decisions and to consume.
Noam Chomsky



What could my mother be to yours?
What kin is my father to yours anyway?
And how did you and I ever meet?
But in love our hearts are as red earth and pouring rain:
Mingled beyond parting.
-Cempulappeyanirar



Thinking of those who are imprisoned for their beliefs, the Amnesty International site is linked here.click here

And just to show some things never change...
All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
J. R. R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring

3 Comments:

At 12:28 AM, Blogger Mils said...

Well Lennie-P, I'll be snorkelling in Tobacco Quay, so believe me, I'm not short of selfish badness myself! Very best wishes to you and the Bi%ch, and be warned about that last wafeur-thin mint. xx

 
At 5:19 PM, Blogger electroman said...

Hi Milly, Susan and Bernie!Sorry I didn't get back to you last night but I didn't get back until 8 o'clock in the morning...let's just say that I had an adventurous night out...Anyway, Paddy and Suna are really good, Suna has been surprisingly friendly!

I tried to call the number you gave me but it wasn't recognised so either the code or the number is wrong. I am going to be here until 8pm tonight and I will then go to some friends who live in Holloway Road to spend Christmas with them. As there isn;t going to be any public transport tomorrow, Phil will be coming in to feed the cats tomorrow and I will be back in the morning of the 26th (boxing day).

I hope that you will call me today sometime before 8pm otherwise I will have to look for the document you are after on the 26th. By the way Milly I can't find your e-mail address so could you please send me an e-mail to: iraklisk@lycos.com

Susan and Bernie thank you for all the presents and the card!You shouldn't have bought anything, but I really appreciate it. I'm going to take all the presents with me and open them tomorrow! How exciting!

Anyway, I'll speak to you soon.

Merry Christmas!!!

Lots of love,

Iraklis

 
At 8:47 PM, Blogger John Eddie said...

you had me up until the lord of the rings quote. thank goodness you put it right at the end

 

Post a Comment

<< Home